I’ve done really well about this party next week. Normally, I get frantic about hosting large gatherings, but we made a list in March that we’ve been steadily working on and it’s nearly done.
But that was just the prep. Now it is crunch time.
I had a dream last night that the party had started and there were people there that I hadn’t invited and a man I didn’t know was sitting at my counter scolding me because the appetizers weren’t ready and then I turned around and realized I had not even started boiling the potatoes for mashed potatoes.
I woke up this morning hyper ventilating a bit.
Ok, a lot.
So I made myself a pretty spreadsheet to try and make myself feel calmer and it helped a little, but here are the things causing shallow breathing today.
- My baby is graduating. Waaaaaaah!
- I am hosting a party next week. A big one.
- But I do not know how big. No idea at all. I thought I had a grasp of approximate numbers and then Reagan sent out Facebook invites to 150 people.
- I don’t know how many chicken strips to order.
- I dont know how many mashed potatoes to make.
- My house? It’s a mess.
- There are places on the wall in be basement where paint has been gouged off and I don’t have time to repaint the room.
- My daughter is starting college in three months.
- The poodle needs a haircut.
- The boy needs a haircut.
- I am stress eating.
- Stress makes my grumpy which makes my family grumpy which makes me grumpy which makes …
- What if I forgot something?
- I opted not to order balloons because the helium shortage has limited what you can get which made it seem pointless, but what if no balloons is wrong?
- What if no one comes?
- What if everyone comes?
- No matter how many people show up, I don’t have enough chairs.
The hope here is that by writing this list down, I’ll get it out of my system and be able to move forward in peace and serenity.
I’ll let you know how that works out.