I found the original for this recipe here on the Tasty Kitchen site. Based on reader feedback, I made a few minor changes. I used this pie crust recipe (using vodka in place of the water) which makes 2 crusts so doubling the filling and making two pies is a no-brainer.
Share the pie.
Share the love.
- 3 whole Eggs Beaten
- 1 cup plus 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup flaked, sweetened coconut
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 Tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut flavoring
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 whole 9” Uncooked Pie Shell
Mix filling ingredients and pour into pie shell. Bake at 350 for one hour. Let stand for one hour before slicing. Would be great with a dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream on top.